Product Manager (UI & UX)
Founded in 2017, BrandCommerce builds tools that empower and enable large brands such as Heineken, Molson Coors and Unilever to power their e-commerce and sell direct-to-consumers nationwide. At the heart of the BrandCommerce platform is an API layer integrated with offline and online retailers, fulfillment providers and logistics partners.
BrandCommerce is looking for a Product Manager to join our team. This role will interact with both internal and external stakeholders, translate well analyzed market needs into capabilities that engineering teams can build, deploy and scale appropriately. To be successful, you must possess both business and technical skills to have frequent interactions with customers and prospects to learn their spoken and unspoken needs and present our solution in a persuasive manner. The ability to clearly communicate business goals in technical terms is a must.
As a founding member of the product team at BrandCommerce, you will have responsibility for areas such as;
Lead in Defining Product & Platform
- Understand the needs of customers and their users in order to define user experiences.
- Work with the founders and leadership for product roadmap and execution plans.
- Process, review and interpret customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights.
- Perform market/competitive analysis, product feature prioritization and clearly articulate decisions and tradeoffs.
- Represent the product in front of customers (external and internal) in both pre-and post-sales situations.
Support Successful Product Delivery
- Write specifications, manage project execution, create UI/UX wireframe and define product roll-out strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering, design and product marketing teams to plan, build and launch high-quality product experiences for target market segments.
- Support the engineering and customer success in understanding priorities, planning product strategy and ensuring that needs of customers and product roadmap are both met in a balanced fashion.
- Excite and inspire the team to build incredible product that users should find frictionless and wish to use repeatedly.
Skills & Desired Experience
- 5+ years managing high technology products, from development through launch.
- 5+ years experience in information design and/or user experience design Bachelor’s degree, Masters is preferred.
- MBA is ideal.
- Lateral problem solver, able to consider alternative solutions and define new design patterns.
- Creative thinker.
- Ability to present persuasively to small and large audiences on a variety of product topics.
- Empathy for the customers.
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills.
- Voracious curiosity about technology and the crossover with human experience.
- NYC based or ready to relocate.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience) 4+ years of design and microservices development.
- 5+ years of experience with Java programming language.
- Proficiency with front end client frameworks preferred but not required.
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts