Senior Software Engineer
Founded in 2017, BrandCommerce builds tools that empower and enable large brands such as Heineken, Molson Coors and Unilever to power their e-commerce and sell direct-to-consumers nationwide. At the heart of the BrandCommerce platform is an API layer integrated with offline and online retailers, fulfillment providers and logistics partners.
BrandCommerce is looking for a senior software engineer to join our team and help us build the platform for brands to sell online directly to their consumers from local retailers nationwide. You’ll be working with a passionate team from all backgrounds to define the future roadmap, take the lead on technical projects to product high-quality enterprise technology to connect customers, brands and retailers.
This position includes hands on build and directing of software development projects across various codebases to have a direct impact on the entire BrandCommerce platform.
Our Technology Stack
- Java (Sprint Boot, Spring Cloud, Cuba)
- Vuejs, Nodejs
As a founding member of the engineering team at BrandCommerce responsibilities will include:
- Hands on build and innovate on existing and new Microservices integrating with retailers, logistics and 3PL APIs.
- Analyze, maintain and integrate on ETL pipelines for data ingestion and inventory management.
- Direct software development projects across various codebases.
- Develop high-quality, efficient code.
- Engage in debugging and code review.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Ensure solutions are scalable and resilient.
- Define and create automated tests for software created and define automated testing best practices within the team.
- Work closely with the founders to define the technical roadmap of the platform for it’s global customers.
Help build and develop the Engineering Team
- Foster collaboration within team as it grows and the platform continues to scale.
- Help and guide junior members of the team.
- Play a key role in defining a company-wide culture of Engineering and product innovation.
- Develop solutions with your team through customer input.
Skills & Desired Experience
- Proven experience as a senior software engineer combined with a passion for technology.
- Strong proficiency in Java, Enterprise Architecture and RESTful APIs.
- Understanding of or experience in ETL data integrations.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Experience using build tooling and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with deploying and monitoring code in a PaaS environment (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Azure).
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Self-starter with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills.
- BA/BS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience) 4+ years of design and microservices development.
- 5+ years of experience with Java programming language.
- Proficiency with front end client frameworks preferred but not required.
- Cash + Equity + Bonus
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance fully paid by company
- Flexible office hours & vacation policy
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Commuter discounts